Monday, August 6, 2007

The luxury of not having anything to think about…

Who said that it’s a sin not to do anything? Who said that an idle mind is a devil’s workshop? Who said that one can’t be happy doing nothing? Today was one such day when I didn’t do anything significant, didn’t have anything to think about except that I was pondering upon some really insignificant things yet I was happy and no such devil did set up any workshop in my mind! Let me take through my day.

I first woke up at 6.30 am and caught up with insomnia. As Edward Norton in the movie fight club says “when you are in insomnia, you are never really awake, never really asleep”, I was in the same position. I caught up some sleep at around 8.45 am. Sindhu woke me up at 9.45 and reminded me about the promise I made last evening that I shall prepare the breakfast for today. The one breakfast recipe I know is bread-omelet. Swetha called me up and asked me to get some vegetables for the lunch. I brought vegetables and started my preparation. Though I knew the recipe, I confirmed everything with my mom. Somehow, with the help of others I prepared two varieties of bread-omlete for breakfast, one was sweet while the other spicy. I myself claimed the breakfast a success story. Then there were some sprouts and that completed a heavy breakfast. Then we played a round of snake and ladder as kids do. Each one of us climbed ladders without the knowledge of others, though there wasn’t any ladder. Ultimately, the game ended when Sindhu disturbed the whole arrangement. Then I was looking at Swetha who was able to finish the brain-vita game with just one marble left. I was surprised to see that as my best performance ever was finishing with two marbles left. Then Swetha taught me a standard technique of finishing the game. Then some old telugu movie was on TV. I felt a little tired and slept on the marble watching TV, my eyes half closed, half open. At around 2pm I was walking back to my room walking in the laziest posture possible. Suddenly Sindhu reminded of a ‘lazy Sunday afternoon’ and it was then I realized that I was going through one such lazy afternoon. Then I came to my room and started reading the book ‘It happened in India’ while laying on my bed. I caught up some sleep again at 5 pm. Slept and woke up at 7 and again started reading the book. At 8 I felt as if something was missing. Yeah, my evening coffee/tea. I walked to the irani café nearby and had a cup of ‘irani chai’ with the best thing that complements it. I somehow like the irani cafés for that they represents something that is truly hyderabadi! Then went back to Swetha’s room and spent a lot of time chatting.

It’s been really long time since I spent such a Sunday. I remember last one around a year and half ago. Since then, there was always something or other going in my mind. Although there was nothing to do at times, I had some worry that was eating up my mind. Today I was free of all those. At the end of the day I was quite happy.

There are a couple of things that I learned today. One, there is so much luxury of not having anything to think about. It is this luxury that makes one dream, dream a lot. Also there is so much happiness in thinking about lot of insignificant, fairy tale things. Secondly, one doesn’t need to do a lot of things to be happy. One doesn’t have to roam around places to be happy. All that one need is a set of good friends for whom you really mean something. Even talking nothing, but having them around would bring out the charm in one’s face.

Looking back at this day, I had a wonderful time and I’m glad to have some good friends around.

3 comments:

NikVad said...

good start dude! i will start a blog with the inspiration you have given me...

yossarain said...

Now I know why 'thoughts in motion' has started blogging again.
What has prompted you to start off man? Glad you realized some beauty in blogging.

Woke up at 6 to put some comments on Nik's blog and to blog one myself. Surprised to see '1 comment' already on something so new it gave you away your blog. Good beginning and i don't want to see an end soon...

One piece of advice (i haven't seen all your posts yet so will be commenting later on them...) don't write big ones. It just drains out your energy and also don't try to write everyday one sort of thing. That triggers the beginning of the end. It happened with me so many times and you can see my present blog state to know what I am speaking of..

Apart from that it's good to have company...Carry on your Motivation to your fellow fool-proofs

Unknown said...

Good experience.....